Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Art of Storytelling



I just started writing my first Fictional Story. I'm not sure how long its gonna be, ore any of those details, i dont even have any sort of plot right now, i'm just workin' on character development. This is my first experience with such a task, and it's daunting to say the least, it's really testing my limits, imagination, etc as a writer, but it's something that i've wanted to do for awhile. I'm enrolled in a writing course that allows me to do this, so that's why i've started. I am only about 1200 words into the story, and like i said, i don't know where it's going really, but it certainly challenges my fictional/creative writing capability. I will tell you some elements that are invovled in my story so far:
1. a savage biker gang
2. a set of commandments
3. mentality/style/name/behavior/fashion of 3 specific characters
4. pop culture reference
5. crime

* keep in mind, it's only 1200 words right now...plenty to go!

1 comment:

T. Benjamin Larsen said...

Good luck man! It takes a lot of stamina to reach the goal line, and that's just for the first draft. ;)