Sunday, March 23, 2008

The album that got me back into HipHop circa 98'



--I copped this album jr year of highschool in 98, and my head was flipped upside down with bewilderment. It was around the time when i didn't know a thing about HipHop, my only experience in such a genre was back in elementary school when i went out and copped Gangstarr (5th grade thankyou very much), Ice Cube, Dre, Snoop, Bone, etc. As far as the fundamentals of HipHop, i knew absolutely nada, and so thru The World Famous Beat Junkies album, I had discoverd a lifestyle adorned with dj's mc's graff writers and bboys. It sparked a HipHop Zealot in me and i haven't looked back since. I'm posting this blog because i've been listening to this album quite a bit lately, it's rough around the edges for todays listeners but sincere to the HipHop spirit. The Beat Junkies are world renoun crew composed of nearly a dozen djs that battle (Shortkut), produce (J-Rocc, Babu), and dj for various HipHop groups (Dilated Peoples, Visionaries), they're a force imitated by many but never fully replicated. This album was my jumpoff into the abyss of HipHop, and i've remained dedicated til the end with this culture ever since!
Check the following tracks....oh, and this mixcd was recorded live unlike most selling today! Don't sleep on the last decade:
The Alkoholics-Rockin' wit the Best
Dilated Peoples-Work the Angels
Footsouljahs-Hoes to Does
Xzibit feat Ras Kass-3 Card Molly
Krondon-The Rules
Mos Def-Universal Magnetic
Slum Village-I Don't Know
The Visionaries-Blessings
Rasco-What it's all about
Lootpack-The Anthem

No comments: